BoatUS - Tow insurance complaint

1.5
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

My boat stalled as i was approacing my dock near the end of October. I needed it towed to another marina for repair over the winter.

I had to pay $100+ although i had the towus "gold" plan. I will not be renewing!

Product or Service Mentioned: Boatus Boat Insurance.

BoatUS Failed Me

1.5

I have been a BoatUS member and insured for five years. I have had three different boats insured with BoatUS.

Two months ago I had the misfortune of having one of my boats sink 9 miles offshore. Years ago I purchased the Angelers Endorsment (provides 5,000.00 protection on my fishing gear) and was told it protects me on any boat even on a charter or friends boat... now in my time of need they tell me that it only covers my equipment if I was on my other boat. Total BS I fighting with them for my 5K.

half the representatives tell me yes I'm covered and half say no...

every time I call I get someone different and have to go through the whole thing over and over. I HATE BoatUS!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Boatus Boat Insurance.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Bait and switch on policy sold.

• Anglers Endorsment

BoatUS in Bradenton, Florida - Failed to tow as promised

Cortez Florida dispatch told me Tow Boat was in area and could help me in approx. 1 hour.

("Capt. will call you when on scene") My 55 ft. 40 ton trawler had broken it's mooring and was drifting towards a bridge, I was out of the state and could not get anyone else to help. An hour and a half had passed and had not received a call as promised, was informed that the weather was bad and that the tow boat could not assist, the next day was the operators day off, blah blah blah.

After 10 years unlimited gold tow status...I will not renew! I submitted a complaint with corporate.

Product or Service Mentioned: Boatus Customer Care.

I didn't like: Failed emergency responce as promised.

Stay way from boatUS tow membership

after joining the BoatUS ,yearly Membership, that they sold me as "free" towing, I have discovered that it is a complete scam.

I had my boat broken down in the waterways and after waiting more than 3 hours before them to show up, I was facing a rude and careless boatUS representative that didn't care much to help me.

Nothing is free and they will charge you everything! Their personnel are trained to rip you off anyway they can.

After that I decided to call another tow company, called fast response who did the job and charged me HALF of the price even although I was not a member.

Keep away from BoatUS. If you ever need a tow you better off pay as needed!

Roy Silva

I didn't like: Dishonest company.